Floral Inspirations

Yesterday, I posted the floral checklist that I used when interviewing florists.  Since it's dreary, wintry, and barren outside (Boston winters are so . . . blech), I thought I'd bring in a little virtual spring by sharing some of the inspiration photos I brought to my florist meetings.


In general, I love the romantic, vintage, fresh-from-the-garden feel of the work of Ariella Chezar, Livia Cetti (the Green Vase), and Saipua.  Their floral designs tend to involve lush, big blooms, and while the flowers are artfully styled, they retain a trace of wildness.  Below are my inspiration photos for my bouquet:

And I love the idea of mismatched bridesmaid bouquets.  I was thinking that each of my six sisters/friends of honor could carry a small posy made of a single type of bloom from my bouquet.


The same lush, English garden look would carry over to the reception centerpieces, which would include low arrangements in silver, pewter, or mercury glass vases.
[Ariella Chezar via The Bride's Cafe]

As you can see, I have champagne taste and a Martinelli budget.  I hope they sell mercury glass at Ikea . . . .

What's your floral aesthetic?  Do you have any favorite floral artists?

Post a Comment

Search me

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP