愛-Vey! From Hot to Haute

After the tea ceremony, it was time for me to change from my potato sackish qua to the far sexier, and oh-so-appropriately named, Mona Lisa.


By "change," I don't want to imply that I got myself dressed. No sooner had I put on my uber sexy, high-waisted, granny Spanx (ooh la la!), than did Team 愛-Vey swoop into action. I had more well-manicured hands on me than a discount Prada bag at a Barney's tag sale.

As you can see from this photo, I was still the handsiest of the them all. Yeah, I got to second base with myself, and I liked it.

Allow me this moment to give thanks to Ms. Lhuillier. Those delicate beaded cap sleeves, the vintagey embellishment . . . you, Monique, are a true genius. And no one but Weddingbee and Dream Bridal LA knows that this was your work circa 2005 and that I got it at a pretty discount.



Of course, the transformation from Hot to Haute Cocoa wouldn't have been complete without properly haute accessories: a pair of luscious violet silk shantung Manolos and some shiny baubles gifted to me by Hot Mama Cocoa.


What? You didn't think I put the jewelry on myself, did you? Hands. Prada. Sale. Barney's.


Since we had so many events before dress time, our hair and makeup team had already left. But friends-of-honor L and A stepped in and put on the finishing touches. Look at the concentration on those faces. And the "holy crap that's a veil on my head" look on mine.

And with that, the transformation was complete! All I had to do was work my fiercest Tyra walk . . .



. . . and I couldn't resist throwing in a little Julie Andrews "Sound of Music" twirl for good measure. After all, I was all brided up and ready to go!

Next up: A second first look!

Post a Comment

Search me

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP