愛-Vey! One Year Ago . . .

One year ago, on this date, we had a pretty awesome Chewish wedding.



In the last 364 days, we bought a house and moved in together after almost fifteen years of long-distance dating; one of us started an exhausting medical residency, while the other had on-again, off-again relationship with a Ph.D. from hell; our families celebrated weddings and reconciliations and survived difficult illnesses and hospitalizations . . . .


With so many changes and crises, it's been a challenging year in so many ways.  But somehow we laugh . . . a lot.  And even when there are tears, we manage not to feel alone.


We're not always capable of being our most charming selves with one another.  But somehow we love each other, even when there are occasions when we might not like each other.


One year ago, on this date, we had a pretty awesome Chewish wedding.  But somehow even if that day had sucked, what's important now is that we have a pretty good Chewish marriage.

Because that's really what matters, right?


Happy anniversary to my husband!  And happy anniversary to all the other 3/28/09 couples!  One year down, a lifetime more to go . . . .

Sunny  – (April 16, 2010 at 1:49 PM)  

I got engaged 6 months ago and am in the mist of wedding planning, and originally found your postings on Weddingbee.
I just wanted to leave you a note and let you know that your postings have been so extremely helpful and inspirational in planning my wedding...
My parents are originally from Taiwan, and my fiance is Jewish and we live in Venice, LA... I recently converted and am trying my hardest to make our wedding a blend of both cultures.
You did an absolutely fabulous job doing so..
Thank you again, you're wedding is a true inspiration.
Best Wishes,
Sunny

Mrs. Hot Cocoa  – (April 17, 2010 at 12:08 AM)  

@ Sunny: Thanks so much for your kind comments!!! It totally made my day. I can't wait to hear more about your wedding. Will you please share photos?!

Sunny  – (May 3, 2010 at 5:06 PM)  

Out wedding is in October, so no wedding pics yet! If you'd like to put a face with the name (or commenter in this case!) - my engagement photos are up at http://www.christinechangphoto.blogspot.com/ (we're the couple with the two black dogs...)
Hope you are well!

Mrs. Hot Cocoa  – (May 4, 2010 at 3:46 PM)  

@ Sunny: Holy crap! How gorgeous are you guys as a couple? I love the engagement photos, esp. the ones with the dogs. Where are you guys getting married?

Sunny  – (June 14, 2010 at 9:59 PM)  

Mrs. Hot Cocoa!
I need your expert Chewish help! I remember reading about your wedding programs and that you had them translated to Chinese...
We are about 4 months away from our wedding and I had a total freak out. I need to translate the Jewish Wedding Ceremony into Chinese, but i can barely read or write Chinese at a Pre-K level! Mama Chen barely understands the customs when i try to explain them in my Chinglish...
Would you mind sharing your programs with me? My email is: SunnySChen@gmail.com.
Thank you again for being such an inspiration!

Post a Comment

Search me

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP