Sole Mates

Living in Massachusetts, my shoe wardrobe, particularly this time of year, is utilitarian and decidedly unsexy: a pair of Dansko clogs (my dog-walking shoe of choice) and a pair of Hunter boots (designed for rain, but awesome for snow).  I think this is why in my wedding fantasies, I am tottering around in a pair of saucy stilettos, comfort be damned.



Well, I am excited to report that Mr. Blahnik and Nordstrom have made my dream into a reality.  Behold the gorgeous Sedaraby D'orsays that will deck my gnomish feet -- I'm a size 5 -- on my wedding day:


The Sedaraby is a classic Manolo style.  Remember that hilarious SATC episode where Carrie loses her silver pair when she's forced to take off her shoes at a baby shower?  But lately Manolo (yeah, we're totes on a first-name basis now) has been amping up the style in new fabric treatments.  The ones I got are the perfect shade of purple -- a dusky, irridescent amethyst that complements the color of the bridesmaid dresses and (as you can see in the next photo) changes hues depending on the light.  And they are strangely comfortable!  Sure, I'll be eating ramen for a month to pay for them, but I figure that in terms of wearability, they were a better "investment" than my wedding gown, which I had gotten on the cheap precisely to make room in the budget for a pair of hot shoes.


I love them so much that instead of wearing a long formal gown at the end of the evening (Chinese brides change three times!), I'm thinking of showing off the shoes by rocking this short little Badgley Mischka number (originally my rehearsal dinner dress):

Badgley Mischka via Gilt Groupe

I'd pair the dress with a flirty, quirky hairpiece, maybe something like this one by Etsy seller LoBoheme (formerly Sweetsnlo), and be ready to dance all night.


Brides and grooms, do you have a wedding outfit indulgence, be it a pair of shoes or a fab veil? Brides, are you a dress gal or a shoe gal?

Krista  – (November 25, 2008 at 5:00 PM)  

Wow, those shoes make me swoon. I don't know if I'm a shoe bride. I often wear practical shoes over pretty shoes. So I'm undecided. You make a good case for getting cute shoes though.

Bride in Exile  – (November 26, 2008 at 3:44 PM)  

Oh, I'm so jealous! I adore those Blahnik d'Orsays, and it's great you treated yourself to such a special shoe.

Unknown  – (November 29, 2008 at 5:09 AM)  

I am so excited to see those shoes in my closet.

Post a Comment

Search me

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP