Hello! Pretty

Being an overly optimistic DIY-loving bride, I assumed I was going to Gocco the invitations for our welcome dinner and farewell brunch.  But you know what they say about assuming . . . . Thank goodness I have generous future parents-in-law who came to my rescue when I realized that I had far too much on my plate.   Because of them, instead of smoke signals, we'll be sending these beauties this week:



Aren't they sweet?  These are the digital invitations from Hello! Lucky that Mrs. Bee coincidentally blogged about yesterday.  They come in a variety of chic designs (we picked the orchid to honor my birthplace, Singapore), are printed on high quality cotton paper, and, at around $2.50 each, are pretty affordable.  Best of all, they have a fabulous website that allows you to design the invitation and see on screen exactly what the end product will look like (very important for type-A editors like me).  Finally, if you are in a rush (like me), the turnaround time can't be beat: the invitations ship 5 business days after you approve the proof.*


I took a close up of the invitation to show you what the digital printing looks like on the paper. As you can see, it's definitely not as schmancy pants as letterpress, but the paper is luxe, the ink is vivid, and the overall invitation looks far more expensive than its price.  


What will you be doing for invitations to your other wedding-related events?

* Ours actually came a few days late because they got lost in transit.  Jessica at Hello! Lucky quickly remedied the situation by printing a new set and sending it to us by overnight mail.

Words and Steel  – (February 11, 2009 at 10:25 PM)  

my heart skipped a beat the second I saw that box. I loved our H!L letterpress invites from the Marry Me line, but if they had digital last year, I may have gotten those art deco ones I wanted from them instead.... sigh.

Post a Comment

Search me

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP