A beautiful Boston day!

November 4th was a good day for the Hot Cocoas.  After two heartbreaking presidential elections, we finally voted for a winner.  And we got to spend a few hours in the company of one very fabulous photographer, the incomparable Leigh Miller.  We showed Leigh around Boston, and in return, she made two usually disheveled, unphotogenic Cocoas look Hot.

We started off at Harvard, where we made out in front of a group of perplexed Chinese dudes.  This is our wedding in a nutshell.


"Hey, mister, eyes up!"  ;-)

How cute is Mr. HC? 

Here's the library, a place the two of us usually avoid.  I think Mr. HC is giving me the "stop being naughty" face after I just said something lascivious to him.  Poor Leigh had to deal with our shenanigans all afternoon.

I'm giving Mr. HC the crazy eye here, but I love Leigh's use of shadow and light.

I'm smiling with my eyes, Tyra.

I think Leigh told me to be "sassy" here.  I gave her demure instead.  I think Mr. HC is thinking wistfully about the time he whizzed on John Harvard's statute.

Here I am forcing a smooch after Mr. HC said, "Ew.  No more kissing!" 


The above are my two favorite pictures.  Mr. HC loves old encyclopedias, and after we took these shots, he made a certain Harvard Square bookseller very happy by taking that dilapidated volume off her hands.

I thought I'd end the Cambridge-area series with this shot, which is just so us.  I'm trying to look stylish and composed, Mr. HC is squeezing me and making a weird face, and Jellyby the shih tzu is having none of it.

Tomorrow, our Beacon Hill shots!

Did you take your engagement photos at a site that's important to the two of you?  And do you have a photo that captures your personalities to the "T"?

honey my heart  – (December 2, 2008 at 2:36 AM)  

great photos all around, love the smiling w/ your eyes one :)

Bridechka  – (December 2, 2008 at 10:28 AM)  

These look awesome!! I love all of them. I am now having wistful images of how fun it would be to stop studying for finals and do a photo shoot with the big guy instead.

starfish  – (December 2, 2008 at 4:33 PM)  

We are taking our engagement photos this Spring. We met in Newport during college, so we are having pictures taken throughout Newport and at our alma mater. I can't wait for the shoot!

I love your pictures! I can't wait to see the Beacon Hill shots. My sister is having her engagement shoot throughout Boston as well. It is nice to see your pictures, I may be showing her yours to get ideas!

The Pissed Off Bride  – (December 13, 2008 at 11:39 PM)  

Your pictures look really good. They look very natural. I hope to have pictures as nice when we take ours!

Post a Comment

Search me

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP