Bustle and Flow

I hadn't planned on displaying my bee-hind to you so early; I thought you'd at least take me out to dinner first.  But since yesterday's Weddingbee Wiki post was on bustles, I figured I'd be topical and show you the photos of my bustle from my second fitting yesterday.

My seamstress, Anahit (who, incidentally, is quite possibly the best bridal seamstress in New England -- thanks, Mrs. Toucan, for the recommendation!)  put in a one-point French bustle -- simple, classic, perfect.  And she blew my mind by showing us that you can wear a French bustle two ways.  First, she created a mermaid's tail look:


But with a simple flick of the wrist and some magic, Anahit changed the bustle to a more drapey look: 


I prefer the second on my dress, since it's a bit more fluid and dynamic.  The first bustle is more sculptural -- perfect for a dress with a more architectural aesthetic, like a Romona Keveza; a stiffer fabric, like a silk mikado; or a bride with a naturally smaller tail.

Does your dress have a bustle?  What type?  And are you still taking me to dinner, now that I've already put out?

Bridechka  – (February 20, 2009 at 12:05 AM)  

Oh you look so lovely!!! The dress is amazing.

Post a Comment

Search me

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP