愛-Vey! What's a First Look?

You know the whole fantasy of the first look? The one where the bride appears for the first time in front of her groom, and his heart skips a beat as he hyperventilates . . . no, cries . . . cries and hyperventilates at the mere sight of this stunning woman that he is lucky enough to spend the rest of his life with?



We missed that memo.

In fact, I don't think Mr. HC was ever briefed on this whole "first look" thing. Poor guy shows up in the lobby, our photographers tell him to face the corner, which he does dutifully, but with no clue as to what was going to happen next. It's possible that he thought we were playing hide and seek. Or, from the scared look on his face, it's far more likely that he thought he was about to get an ol' fashion ass-kicking.

Turns out it was just Miss Giggles.

Some brides show up to their first look all dignified and beautiful and serious. This bride bounded over with her silliest Muppet face and asked of her groom, "Am I a hot bride or what? Snort. Snort."


And then held up her veil, as if to say, "Check it, honey, I got wings." (More likely, I was marveling to Mr. HC, "Look at this veil thingy I'm wearing. Do I look like a bride or what?")


And then I did my best sexy face and attacked him with my over-glossed lips, much the same way I did when we were sixteen and he was too shy to kiss me.

Okay, for you incurable romantics out there, these are probably more along the lines of conventional first look photos: Mr. HC seems to be looking at me adoringly, and we share a sweet kiss. I assure you, though, that it's far more likely that he was thinking, "I've been standing around for five minutes, and this was my big surprise? Where's the brand new car?" It's amazing what black and white photos can do to make a moment look all lovey dovey.

Recently wedded bees, what was your "first look" like? Hilarious -- and heartwarming -- stories welcome.

Bridechka  – (July 29, 2009 at 11:02 AM)  

Your story is not just hilarious! It is sooo heartwarming too! I want my first look to be funny too!

joyce  – (July 30, 2009 at 8:55 AM)  

Lolz... really funny narration of your wedding. It looked so fun!!! And you looked beautiful in your dress and the qua too!!

Post a Comment

Search me

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP