I'll Cover You

Next Tuesday is a BIG day! It's not only Election Day (woohoo!), it's also the day we're taking our engagement photos. Sadly, according to Weather.com, it's also likely to be a rain day in Cambridge, Massachusetts:



Oh well.  Mr. HC and I wanted photos that captured our beloved New England, and I guess we're getting exactly what we wished for, capricious weather and all!  No way are we going to let a little precipitation spoil our fun.  And maybe if we're lucky, we'll even catch a rainbow.

Plus I love rain gear.  Look at how adorable this couple looks smooching under their umbrella:


And how fly are these rainboots?

[Vintage Jessica Claire]

So being a long-time Boston resident, I am already well equipped with a pair of black Hunter boots (classic and chic) and a pair of polka-dotted Tamara Henriques wellingtons.

[Image source.]

Now, what I need is a sassy umbrella, like this one:

Except it's $96 (!!!) and out of my price range.  How about this darling Marimekko umbrella, which is a splurge at $40:


But I'm also digging the simple chic of this $65 umbrella, which is so little black dress:


Alright, who am I kidding?  I'm not spending $65 on an umbrella that I'm promptly going to lose (because you know umbrellas run away -- from me anyway).  I think I'm going with this $27.95 number, which is simple navy on the outside and blue skies and white clouds on the inside:

Did it rain on your engagement photo or wedding day?  Any tips on how to stay dry and happy when it's wet and coooold?

Words and Steel  – (October 28, 2008 at 1:34 AM)  

Want to split the cost of the Bella umbrella? It's perfect for my second-line parade but I can't justify the cost!

brenda  – (October 31, 2008 at 8:22 PM)  

you know, I saw some rather cute umbrellas at GAP recently (I know, its the GAP, but they were cute!)

I don't think I'd be able to really get in the e-pic mood on Election Day, I'm always a little preoccupied (that, and I'd probably end with a bunch of 'I voted' type pics...)

Post a Comment

Search me

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP