Papercut Table Numbers

Sorry I've been a bit behind on my posts, but I just got back from a trip to LA for some last-minute wedding-related errands, and I've got lots to share with you!


I thought I'd start by showing you our table numbers.



As you might recall from a previous post, one of the themes uniting our decor and paper goods is papercutting, an art form cherished in both the Chinese and Jewish cultures.  One day, I thought to myself: "Self, wouldn't it be cool to have papercut table numbers?"  And myself said: "Yes, self, that would be cool.  You are a genius."  

(This, by the way, is the insanity that develops during the last months of your wedding planning when you realize that no one wants to hear about your wedding anymore.)

I searched on Etsy, and discovered the amazing work of papercutdiecut.  Her art pieces are so meticulous and detailed that it boggles my mind that they are done by hand.  And while she is clearly well practiced in the ancient art of papercutting, she has an aesthetic that is modern and quirky -- this is definitely not the papercutting you get on the streets of Shenzhen for a dollar.

I convo'd her, and she came up with a few beautiful designs for me to choose from.  We ultimately settled on a design that is sort of rococo meets art nouveau, and within less than a month, she produced these amazing papercut numbers!



Aren't they so delicate and lovely?  I'm going to frame them in floating glass frames, and put a votive behind each frame so that the numbers will cast pretty shadows on the table.


All photos courtesy of papercutdiecut

I can't recommend papercutdiecut more highly.  Not only is her work exquisite, she is also the most responsive and honest of any etsy seller I've worked with.  When it turned out that the numbers took her less time to produce than she anticipated, she refunded a significant portion of my payment.  When does THAT ever happen?!

Papercutdiecut can do table numbers and letters, as well as art pieces that would make great gifts for parents or an officiant.

How will you personalize your table numbers?

Words and Steel  – (March 4, 2009 at 2:50 AM)  

some of your photos are showing up with sad faces instead of the actual photos :(

Jessica  – (March 4, 2009 at 1:50 PM)  

Unfortunately, you can't view photos after logging off of Etsy unless you save them onto your computer. :(

Your table number idea is incredibly unique. I can't wait to see them!

Post a Comment

Search me

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP