Spellbound

My favorite board game?  Scrabble.  Most lamented Facebook loss?  Scrabulous.  Book I'd take to a desert island?  The Oxford English Dictionary.  Favorite historical novelette?  The Professor and the Madman.  Favorite freebie website?  Dafont.com.

In case it's not obvious, I am a word nerd.  N-E-R-D.  Nerd.  So you can imagine my excitement when one of my favorite websites, Lifehacker, introduced me to a fun little application called Spell with Flickr.  This app does exactly what it's called: it spells out the word(s) of your choosing using Flickr images.  Like this:

Copper Uppercase Letter H O T
C is for Ceramic O c21 o a

Or this:

w-sf E D D I N Aluminum Capital Letter G (New York, NY)
B McElman_071126_2011 e-028

I contemplated using this to create our save the date cards, but in the end decided on another design (which I promise to share soon).  I do love love love this app, though, and would be excited to use it for some other project -- perhaps a framed art piece for a friend's birthday or even holiday cards?

Have you tried this app?  What would you use it for?

Post a Comment

Search me

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP