Help me choose!

While I've been lazing about during the holidays, eating, shopping, and generally being a non-productive member of society, the crafty Lo (of Etsy store LoBoheme) has been hard at work on a fabulous hairpiece for me to wear with my wedding qipao.  If you're not familiar with her store, Lo creates the most beautifully constructed vintage-inspired fascinators, floral and feather hairpieces, and headbands.  For me, she designed a piece in shades of mauve, violet, and aubergine.  And she's paired it with a number of different centerpieces that I'm hoping you'll help me decide between!

Option 1: Diamond-shaped Centerpiece
Option 2: V-Shaped Centerpiece
Option 3: Twelve-stone Round Centerpiece
Option 4: Leaf-shaped Centerpiece
Option 5: Fancypants Centerpiece
Option 6: Seven-stone Circle Centerpiece
There is an Option 7 (Mr. HC's Anticipated Response, i.e., "I don't get it -- aren't they all the same?"), but I'd have to hit you afterward, so I think it's best I leave it out.

And here's a teaser of my qipao -- it's silver lace over mauve satin.
What should I choose?

Option 1 (Diamond Shaped)
Option 2 (V Shaped)
Option 3 (Twelve Stone)
Option 4 (Leaf Shaped)
Option 5 (Fancypants)
Option 6 (Seven Stone)

One other question: do you like the piece more with the pale pink feathers, as in Option 6, or without, as in the other ones?  When I looked at the photos originally, the pink came off as white.  White is the color of mourning in Chinese culture, so I asked Lo to take out the feathers. But does the piece look incomplete without them?

Thanks for your help and advice!!

Cheryl  – (January 1, 2009 at 10:59 PM)  

I think option number 3 is my fave out of the bunch. That option sort of matches the design of your engagement ring.

Words and Steel  – (January 1, 2009 at 11:45 PM)  

3 and 6 will show up the best in pictures. and the feathers are fab-- can she do them in another color if white doesn't work?

Anonymous –   – (January 2, 2009 at 12:09 AM)  

I like 4 the best because it picks up the botanical design in the fabric. But they are all lovely!

Princess Christy  – (January 2, 2009 at 11:20 AM)  

I definitely think you can do without the feathers.

I like option 3.

Jessica  – (January 2, 2009 at 11:53 AM)  

I agree with maggieplans about option 4 - it's the perfect complement to the qipao and the lovely leaves on the hairpiece. The colors are gorge!

Bride in Exile  – (January 2, 2009 at 1:48 PM)  

I also like 3 and 6 the best! I think having a simply shaped centerpiece sets of the soft, romantic look of the fabric without overwhelming the rest of the piece. I'm agnostic on the feathers -- it looks great with them and without them! I can't wait to see your full qipao, the teaser photo is gorgeous.

Mrs. Hot Cocoa  – (January 2, 2009 at 1:51 PM)  

3, 4, and 6 seem to be the favorites! That's great, since I love those. Now I have to narrow them down . . .

Bridechka  – (January 4, 2009 at 10:56 AM)  

I love the leaf shaped one (option 4) but they are all lovely.

Post a Comment

Search me

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP