My Bat-chelorette Shower-Mitzvah!

Here is me at the first bar mitzvah I ever attended (no, that's not a lampshade around my ass, that is what we in 1990 called "fashion"):


And here's me at my own bat-chelorette shower-mitzvah almost 19 years later:


This weekend my uber-fabulous sisters and friends of honor threw me a "Bat-chelorette Shower-Mitzvah" (trademark pending)!  What is a bat-chelorette shower-mitzvah?  Why, I'm glad you asked.  As their clever invitation explains:

For the shower portion of the program, please join us in the afternoon for tea and sweets. Bring a small craft-related gift (such as pretty paper, ribbon, rubber stamps, or cookie cutters) to nourish Miss Hot Cocoa's inner Martha.

And then . . . Miss Hot Cocoa never got the dance-slipper themed bat mitzvah of her dreams, but it's not too late! We're going to party like it's 1991 with dinner and drinks on the town for the soon-to-be Jewish bride. Wear your best NKOTB gear or Laura Ashley dress!

With an invitation like that and a snow emergency on the way, how could hijinks not ensue?  Want to see embarrassing pictures of all our shenanigans?  All in good time, bees, all in good time.  

Tell you what: I'll trade you embarrassing pictures for your comments below on what is your favorite shower or bachelorette party theme (real or imagined).

In the meantime, here's a teaser:

I call this thoroughly frightening get-up devil snow bunny bride (or "Bunnicula Returns: When Hell Freezes Over").

Anonymous –   – (January 13, 2009 at 9:22 AM)  

Adorable! And the Laura Ashley/Sam & Libby flashbacks-- how not cute were we?

Bridechka  – (January 13, 2009 at 2:08 PM)  

This is such a great idea! Congratulations on becoming bat mitzvah ms. thing! I can't wait to see more pics!

Post a Comment

Search me

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP