I love those cupcakes like McAdams loves Gosling.

Let me make this clear. I looove cupcakes. I live cupcakes. I'd like to be reincarnated as a cupcake.

(Um, how sweet are these cupcake cars from the Maker's Faire
With matching cupcake helmets?  I'd trade my wheels for these anyday.)

NYC has Magnolia's, which does have all da bomb frostins (and even better banana pudding). Boston has Kick Ass Cupcakes, which has a mojito cupcake that is dreamy.  Our wedding, however, is in LA, so while I was out there this week I had the task of finding a delicious cupcakery to provide the baked goodies for our wedding.  It was hard work, but someone had to do it.

This is how my mom and me ended with this heavenly view: a dozen delectable "cupcake babies" from Vanilla Bake Shop.  Out of the dozen, we chose four flavors for our cupcake tower: the banana chocolate chip, which has the moistest, yummiest cake; the meyer lemon raspberry, which has a tart lemon curd filling; the red velvet, with a cream cheese icing that is to die for; and a classic vanilla, which will have purple sprinkles to go with our wedding colors.

LA has a ton of cupcakeries, including the big players Sprinkles, Crumbs, and Susiecakes.  But what I love about Vanilla Bake Shop is that along with the quality baked goods you get quality, highly personalized service.  How cute is owner and baker Amy Berman?!


And if cupcakes and cakes aren't your thing (what's wrong with you?!), VBS also makes French macarons, cookies and tarts, and their signature "icebox dessert shots."  Drool.

What's your favorite cupcake flavor?  And will you be doing special desserts for your wedding?

Jessica  – (February 2, 2009 at 12:51 PM)  

Does the mojito cupcake include rum? j/k I would try it regardless.

I'm not particular about my cupcakes but in lieu of an wedding cake, we will have a dessert bar consisting of mutiple cakes, cookies, and cupcakes. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Post a Comment

Search me

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP