Three drinks and a grain


On Sunday, there was a snow storm that blanketed Boston in a foot of wet, clumpy, hard-to-shovel snow.  But not even a blizzard could keep me from meeting up with Mrs. Margarita and Mrs. Corn to see "Bride Snores" -- I mean, "Bride Wars."  Miss Latte, the newest of the Boston Bees, joined us afterward for (what else?) coffee.  Poor Mrs. Toucan was sick, and her presence was missed by all.

[L to R: Margarita, Hot Cocoa, Corn, and Latte]

It was such a pleasure to meet such a smart, creative, and fun group of ladies in person.  I don't know if you can see the sign above us, but it says "Sweets and Treats."  Indeed. 

Did you go see "Bride Wars"?  Did you find yourself drooling over the Jolly Walrus Cookie Bouquet?  Oohing and aahing over Kate Hudson's Vera Wang?  Or were you too enraged by all of the stereotypes about brides/women in the movie to notice?

Bride in Exile  – (January 19, 2009 at 3:21 PM)  

I haven't seen the movie. I've noticed that some people tend to assume I'm a Bridezilla obsessed with her "perfect day" based on nothing more than the fact that I'm engaged, and I'm not sure I could stomach an entire movie that feeds the "brides are irrational and should not be taken seriously" stereotype. I have enough trouble getting the venue coordinator to call me back! (When Econo Boy calls, she's on the phone within 24 hours assuring him she'll "get right on it.")

The wedding gowns in the movie poster, though, are both stunning!

starfish  – (January 19, 2009 at 4:32 PM)  

I liked the movie, I thought it was cute and I liked the message at the end. I know a lot of people weren't into the stereotypes, but I took it for what it was a light hearted comedy. I also like looking for all the scenes filmed in Boston. There were quite a few I recognized.

Jessica  – (January 21, 2009 at 5:30 PM)  

I have no desire to see Bride Wars for 2 reasons:

1. The bridezilla stereotype. I have no problem watching it full swing on WE but actually paying to see it? Pass.

2. I tend to boycott Kate Hudson movies.

Post a Comment

Search me

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP